Theatre of the mind and ears

In the last few weeks I have been working on a radio drama production for the church I go to. I was "comissioned" to write something to go with a variety show. Ends up that there's not a lot of variety in the church- or all that variety is hidden in other less known endeavors. So four actors and myself will be performing "Christmas, who carols?" this weekend. Additionally we will also try to provide live music (gulp!).
So far it has been hectic in getting it together. The script is fantastic by my standards. Actors are good too. The difficult part right now is the sound effects because there is no dedicated sound effects person. In doing this before (an Easter production in 2001), the unpracticed sound person missed the cues. So I am hoping that won't be the case with this one. I'm thinking of rigging up a CD player and mic in with a separate sound board up front to control some of it myself. I sure hope the show won't end being called "A variety show, anybody there."

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!