- Saluting the weatherman. Former FOX News weatherman and associate bid farewell to the Go early in July. I drank with him and others and even baked him a cake. Surprisingly he moved to the Grove.
- The Festive Fourth. After a night of mayhem I decided to stick in town for the holiday before doing a bike adventure. I was surprised nobody wanted to celebrate with me. My roommate was content with painting somebody else's walls.
- Pain. A niggling upper leg injury has left me partially lame. I have not been able to do much running but by some grace I am able to play soccer once a week.
- More holiday. I made a yearly appearance at Breezy Point again and did some of the things I enjoy doing- watching cable and biking. I got to see some great programs on Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. I especially enjoyed The Deadliest Catch, a reality show that follows the lives of crews of Alaskan crab fishing boat. I caught the last episode of season 2 and the 1st 2 episodes of season 3. So far 3 men have died. I also enjoyed MythBusters and American Chopper. I biked the Paul Bunyan trail to Brainerd and back.
- At the source. Bookended on that holiday is time camping at Lake Itasca State Park. Unfortunately I did not see the source this time but I did swim in the lake and hike roughly 7 miles.
Well, I hope there is more to write about in August.