The enigma of Fargo

One of my pet interests is seeking answers to the questions nobody asks. One of those questions is "Why is Fargo considered a horrible place around the United States?"
I began my research by reading James Lileks website. The site is not about Fargo, but Lileks is a Fargo native who left and found fame elsewhere, like most North Dakotans these days. There is a great section on old Fargo which features pictures and good commentary. Would you believe the discoverer of P.D.Q. Bach (Peter Schickele) was once a Fargo resident! The other realms of his web space are laugh aloud funny to the core. Bookmark this site!
How does Fargo get a bad rep? Just a few years ago it was named an All-American city for the 2nd time! It can't be that bad.
This is my quest as quixotic as it sounds. My first lead...Native Americans.
It appears this orginal inhabitants of the land chose not to inhabit the Fargo area in the past. They just passed through enroute to some big meetings at Kathio. I'm not even sure they camped in or around Fargo. No evidence of that. Here's the kicker- Fargo was a swampy wetland and stunk. Now I need sources on this one. We'll look at that one later...

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!