Snow daze and food

Yesterday the snow fell for the third time this season. Still it was rather warm even though a brisk wind was blowing. The bike ride home was a workout, but I enjoy riding the snow. I also like running in it too.
As usual, this morning it appeared nothing was done concerning snow removal. Very typical in this place. The snow had stopped last night although the wind had been blowing it around afterward. I took the car today. Need to give my bike clothes a rest and maybe a good cleaning.
Last night I jaunted by foot down to a new restaurant down the block- Doolittle's Woodfire Grill. It had great atmosphere and lots of open space. Good music- 40s and 50s big band, bebop. The food was okay. Even the Mudslide Pie (their signature dessert) was only okay. Pricewise they were medium. I should have known this having dined at other Doolittle Cafes. The one's in the cities have this cris-cut fries which are good. I had intended to go to Hi-Ho Tavern and get the special, but I wanted to walk and proximity won out.
Top three eateries I go to (not necessarily my favorites):
1. Applebee's - Why? Happy hour value.
2. Bertosa's - Strange thing that I attend a church which is in the same building as Bertosa's.
3. Green Mill - For pasta Mondays and decent happy hour value and better bear selection

In Football news: Man U loses to West Brom, a Division 1 team. Of course this was a Carling Cup game and thus the Big Guns don't take really seriously therefore field a less experienced side. The Reds (Man U) did have Kleberson and Nicky Butt in the match, both first team players but the Baggies (West Brom) have been in form as of late. Let's hope they'll make it to the final. The other Manchester team - City - fell out of the competition as well to Tottenham Hotspur. City has had a string of bad performances which included falling out of another cup competition - UEFA Cup- to a small Polish team. If only Berkovic played as well live as he does when I use him in FIFA 2001.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!