The O-Files

I would like to take the time to plug a part of my website that is not full of holes. The O-Files hopes to track the life and times of one elusive guy- Fred. I went to college with Fred, sang with him, ate with him, traveled with him. We were both writers of some breed. He was a much more brooding and masterful poet. I was a bombastic ham with serio-comic tendencies. He came to my 21st birthday assemblage. However, we both were beleaguered playwrights. Probably still are.
So why mention this? Recently I have tracked him down- in an elusive manner of course. I like spy games and have become adept at using google. From time to time I would seek out lost ones by doing a search on them and sifting through data. Well, one day many months ago I searched for Fred- I came up with nothing. Then I recalled some things close to his heart - Happy Moose and Sullen Fish. These guys were the feature characters in a comic strip Fred illustrated for the University of Minnesota, Morris' newpaper The Register.
First Happy Moose- nothing.
Then Sullen Fish- I found a paper trail. It lead me right to Fred's own blog. Now if that isn't odd- it ends up we work for the same behemoth. Small world.
You know I wish that Happy Moose comic strip was put online.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!