Worst worship songs

Top 5 Worst Worship Songs according to someone else.
Although I did not think up this sort of thing I have to concur with some of the ruberic.
For years I found the "huge bell I ring" line from "I Will Not Forget You" to be troubling. It's just a plain weird analogy- how often to you get a big bell out and worship God. Now I understand if you are in a bell choir that ringing them bells could count as an act of worship.
The "Oh I feel like dancing" line from I Could Sing of Your Love Forever is just as troubling. My friend noted this to me years ago. I sang the song this weekend and contemplated dancing to go against the flow. Normally nobody is dancing when they sing that line nor are they even considering it. We tried to change all that once with an arrangement that scooted into disco after the line. It never saw light of day.
Looks like Darrell Evans gets 2 on the worst list. His "Your Love is Extravagant" gets the top nod for worst. The song is not bad but does suffer from odd metre grammar spread wide syndrome.
There's plenty up for debate.
And one more- most overused catch phrase in the article- "I kid you not."

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!