What sucks? - marketing myself


...besides that old Kirby Vacuum in the dingy closet down the hall there are plenty of items which deserve criticism and I am more than willing to proffer my amateur analysis. I am thinking of making this a semi-regular type post. Perhaps even a long running series in hopes that Fox will make it a reality show. However I must face the facts, what kind of reality do I have. I'd have to hire hundred of spin doctors and fashionistas to get my image up to what culture wants.
I have been wondering if I just couldn't be my own marketer. I could get on MySpace or Facebook and create a new social persona. My roommate would writhe with disgust at the decision. He would probably spout out all the evils of social networking websites and in particular focus on stalkers and other unsavory types out to get you. There's been tons of negative press and opinions on MySpace. Then I'd use CraigsList sell tickets to pizza parties so people can meet me. My roommate again would enter lecture mode and point out online safety violations I would make. I think his plan for social networking would involve pigeons and messages.
Anyways the point of this is to get to the website Church Marketing Sucks. Now the site not some rant on the Church or Christianity but sort of a discussion/thinktank on how to relate the Good News within the current culture context and freeing us from inwardness and getting out into the society which we live.
Slan.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!