Fitzgerald to Washington?

A classmate from the U Mo and former radio disc jockey, Robert Fitzgerald, built an altnerno fueled bus and decided to run for the U.S. Senate seat to be vacated by Mark Dayton. As the Independence party's candidate, he plans to play spoiler in the race that so far has highlighted the major party candidates Mark Kennedy and Patty Wetterling. Robert appears to be running a centrist route with a populist appeal.
Unfortunately I traded in my Minnesota citizenship and so am ineligible to vote, but here's a little recollection of Robert. Robert was a scruffy a UMM and portrayed a hippie like external. Perhaps he was idolizing his favorite professor, Nic McPhee. Now, he certainly has distanced himself from those whiskered days. Robert is probably a good example of the adage "don't judge a book by its cover." Although I did not know him intimately, my observations suggest he was a thoughtful and caring individual and a leader who lead. His famous bike journey journal inspired me to consider long distance touring and may have got me into blogging. How is that for a person I hardly knew. That's some influence.
Quite possibly the strangest memory of Robert was the response he gave me when I joked about the band Ghoti Hook. I am surprised he actually knew them.
Well, he's got a good Irish name and he looks senatorial. I expect some surprises in Minnesota on November 7.
Slan.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!