Death couch

The other day I found myself attempting to move a couch. It should have been a sign to me when we could not get it through the door of its previous location without removing its legs. The supposed next home of this couch required the ascent of stairs and featured some tight turns (one at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top) .
We arrive at the location and begin a long drawn out process. We get it through the door and stand the couch up. However, there is barely any room left one the couch is upright on its side. After some wiggling, pushing, and pulling the coach has trapped me into a small storage room at the bottom of the stairs. Unfortunately, nooks and crannies in the stairwell make moving coach out even more difficult.
At last somebody does some measuring of the doorway at the top of the stairs and then the couch's width is measured. The couch happens to be 8" too big.
Meanwhile, I'm still caught in this tiny room and bleeding from a cut I received from couch helping to push if I could even get a grip on the couch. The couch was snuggly lodged in against the doorway. There was not even any room to squeeze out. Occasionally I helped push or pull if I could get a decent grip.
Somehow (maybe divine intervension) after almost 10 minutes the couch "finds space" to move and we lug it out of the doorway and back into the truck.
I supposed this beats sinking in mud.
slan.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!