Waiting to flood fight


A further report while embedded with volunteer forces in south Fargo.
After much waiting I eventually went out on another bus on Thursday around 5PM to the an area around Drain 27. This creek-like drain swelled to enormous proportions and threatened numerous homes, apartments, and businesses. I saw many volunteers hard at work en route. However, this trip proved no better than the previous- too many volunteers. We stayed on the bus and returned to the Assembly of God. Quite a few were disappointed. I overheard many speak of the same scenario I found myself in- on a bus for a while to get to a work site but only to be turned away. I was nearing frustration at this process. Certainly there was someplace that needed a workforce ready and willing to work? I was doubting my decision to use the official channels for volunteering. It just seemed to be breaking down.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!