Main Avenue closed to Moorhead for now


I arrived downtown Saturday night to check on a building I work in and overheard from the traffic minders that in order to get to Moorhead, people need to use I-94 instead of the Main Avenue bridge. I suspect this may be only temporary but have found nothing to verify my assumption. They were only letting utility trucks and heavy equipment through and I also overheard they were increasing a dike someplace. That explains the amount of trucks with clay I witnessed drive pass.
In the picture you can barely make out the National Guard and police at each intersection. I didn't want to press my luck to get a closer shot. In the picture below you can see a line of trucks with clay heading east toward the Main Ave bridge.
Most major sandbagging operations have ceased but smaller sandbagging efforts continue elsewhere.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!