The fight continues

After a short day at work on Thursday, I headed to the closest volunteer center (Assembly of God) but found no parking available. Not dismayed I continued down the street to Hope Lutheran where plenty of parking spots were available. Unfortunately I arrived when there was an all city work stoppage. I signed in and waited and ate. The food spread at Hope was incredible. I ate light in preparation to go out.
After about 45 minutes I got on another bus that took me to the Assembly of God. A short wait, I got on yet another bus which drove us to the River Dr neighborhood in South Eastern Fargo. It took about 45 minutes to get there due to the weather. The previous days' winter storm had left plenty of snow which the city was not able to plow. A crew got off the bus but a foreman sent us back to the bus because there were too many volunteers. So I took another 45 minute bus ride back to the Assembly of God.
It was hurry up and wait for almost 2 hours. The volunteer effort must of been so huge that management of it began to fail.
I decided to eat some more. The food spread was even more plentiful. I had corn dog, banana, Olive Garden salad, and a Famous Dave's Pulled pork sandwich. I kept a pita in my pocket for later. All this food made me want to volunteer more. But alas I still waited.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!