My DJ debut

Alas it went over like a limp rag.
Marred by technical difficulties and timing, I pressed on until most left. However, once the music began it was a good straight 50 minutes of mixed dance from the 50s and 60s.
The thing I did not miss was the 1st dance. Although nearly all the guests had left bride and groom took a turn to dance to a George Strait tune which I followed up immediately with an Elvis ballad.
I can only wonder if dancing in North Dakota is considered foupaugh or I missed the synergy of the moment or both. Analyzing why Dakotans only dance to "Omp Pah Pah" and to nothing else is a PhD discertation in itself. In my own observations the Dakotans are even more reserved than those on the other side of the border. Dancing only seems to be done in poorly lit environs on the outskirts of town or near an accordion. You better be polka or we're hitting the road might sum attitudes toward dance out here. And if you don't like it, tough- move to another state. And they did- in droves.

Comments

Anna Haugen said…
Bill-

Thanks for sending me the link.
For whatever reason, I lost your blogspot address... Dude, don't worry about your DJ debut...sounds like they gave you very little time to prepare...
I assume this was the Boon wedding?

Anyways, I now have a link to the ROYCE FILES at my blog.

bless ya-
Mark

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!