12 days of fair glory

My travels and repsonsibilities this year did not allow me to visit the Minnesota State Fair this year. Instead I made to most of visiting the outstate places which I only knew a points on a map. Nevertheless I am a fair-child, not to be confused with one of the gopher mascots of the Get Together. Between 1985 and 1999 there was not a fair I missed. A majority of those years I got the rare priviledge of living on the grounds in a big white building, 4-H's version of the Hilton. There were even a few years where I was paid to live there.
The fair has got a special place in my heart. Missing the fair to me is like missing Thanksgiving dinner or not watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special. For me it's not the food but the experience a pilgrimage of sorts. Hopefully I will make it in 2007.
Slate dished out commentary on the Minnesota State Fair.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!