Caveat- O My Wilderness

After a brief hiatus due largely to my other work, Oh My Wilderness should be returning this week to conclude the tale of my solo canoe adventure in the northern border lakes of Minnesota.
The story left off at the peninsular campsite west of the Fish Stake Narrows.
Here's a little bonus material.
The wind had been picking up in the evening and I expected it would rain. I secured the canoe closer to camp. Fortunately the winds just ran wild and precipitate it did not. That evening I don't think I even listened to any old time radio podcasts on my Palm Zire I brought. Probably because I was tired. I think I may be the only person to have brought a Palm to the Boundary Waters. I used it more than I did my GPS.
All the evenings were moonless which made the stars appear especially bright but increase the fear factor. Noises out here put a person on high alert. However I have come to the conclusion that the biggest noises are made by the smallest critters - mice, squirrels, and chipmunks. I have grown accustom to the loons (aka divers) and in fact can vaguely discern what their calls mean. For me without them you are not in the wilderness.
Overall a pretty uneventful night.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!