I turned it down

My days of semi-employment are coming to end next week. I will once again enter the daily grind of the work a day world.
It's not that bad really. I just need to adjust my schedule. The increase in income will be a welcome reward.
Earlier this week I did possibly my last stint at Kaye's printing. It should have been a sad parting I think but it was more like changing a garment. At the end of my shift I walked out to my bicycle and shed not a tear.
Then a day later at 6:45 AM I get a call to work at AmeriPride. I dread getting that phone call. I last appeared at AmeriPride over a year before. I folded orange shop towels for 8 + hours a day. Although they treated me well (I got a free lunch one day!) it was not a fun a job. It was monotonous. But most of all it all happened the week before my high school reunion!
"So what you been up to lately?" one of my successful classmates asks.
"Oh, folding shop towels." I timidly replied with a smile.
Not quite what they were expecting me to bedoing 10 years after high school.
Fortunately I was saved by the Wells Fargo Wagon (a.k.a. Wells Fargo Services) drafting me. again.
Back to the phone call- I pause and listen my agent describe AmeriPride and then hear "shop towel." Immediately I know what I will say.
"Sorry, but I'm going to turn that opportunity down."

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!