Addicted to Thomas

I think I am addicted to Thomas the Tank Engine. It all started with my "little roommate." He got a Thomas cartridge for his LeapPad. Then there was the DVD borrowed from the library. I was hooked. Later I bought a DVD with wood train of Thomas for the "little roommate."
I am thrilled with the cool animation that utilizes a real model train set. It is incredible what they can do with it.
What else do I like about Thomas? Let me enumerate:
  1. A large ensemble of characters. There are over 30 different trains and stories that go along with them. So far my favorites are Edward and Stepney.
  2. George Carlin or Ringo Starr narrate the stories. They are fabulous. I enjoy the unique personality they bring to the Thomas characters. They also have friendly tone to their voices.
  3. The stories teach lessons. It is not all fun and mischief on the Island of Sodor (imaginary island where the trains operate.) there are plenty of lessons learned by the trains such as helping others, following the rules, working hard, respecting others, and making friends.
  4. Each train (and other vehicle) has a unique personality. Whether it is Percy's naivete or Edward's kind heartedness - I simply enjoy these characteristics.
  5. It's British. I grew up on British comedy it seems. I also grew up with one particular bear- Paddington, who happens to permeate children's literature in the UK. Thomas fits right in. As a matter of fact it would make a great crossover if Thomas met Paddington.

That's all for now. I got to be a real useful engine...er I mean human now.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!