He's still alive and kickin

I encountered Steve Sjogren a few years ago at a conference in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul). He had recently gone through some medical mishap concerning the abodomen or something and was a bit immobile. However, that did not take away from his love for kindness and service. I should also note he also loves God. Try sometime and you will see how enjoyable it can be.
Well anyway, Steve is incredible plugged in. He's up to date on the cultural, technological, and spiritual trends. I have found his web sites to be quite enjoyable. I visited his church in Cincinatti a few times when I was a road warrior for MTL. Always had a fantastic time.
Peering into his blog it seems Steve still faces some health problems- at least the week prior to August 1. It appears he is also in the process of writing a book about the health issue I mentioned above.
Some things I gleaned from Steve:
1. Where God is there is fun. I am not a stodgy odd churchaholic but an enthusiastic seeker of God. Why would God want to make our experiences with him so drab?
2. Kindness works. It works in both directions- it shapes the doer and the receiver.
3. Creativity can be used in the church. Steve's church is a firm believer in getting people to find where they fit. The openness to creativity really puts people at ease.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!