Another fair in the bag

Once again took another job working a county fair for ABC Seamless. This fair was in Wadena, MN and once again no fish house present. However, I still got many responses. I have been learning to deal with rejection doing this job. Who cares if they don't sign up for the silly fish house? I really enjoyed the fair in Wadena. It was a well done affair, although the attendance was spotty at times.
In the eveninng I retired to New York Mills to rest in the comfort of the Mills Motel. The Mills Motel is a family run establishment with modest accomadations. My television set suffered from severe magnetism disorder but overall I had a grand stay. I saw some good documentaries and caught some of the Olympics. However, I think I could hear snoring from an adjectant room my last evening. (An aquaintance of mine would likely comment: Oh my word!)
During the lulls and dead zone of the fair I had been reading The Course of Irish History, a comprehensive volume about the Irish nation. It has been an intriguing read. Plenty of political intrigue, and British oppression, and strong personalities. Do all Irish have strong personalities?
I have been planning on visiting the emerald isle in 2005 to pick up some stories and songs and make friends. The book is giving me a broader understanding of how history has shaped the Republic.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!