The foibles of leading worship

One of my other jobs I lead the music at a local church. Perhaps you know which one, but that is irrelevant. Well a multitude of things could go wrong on a Sunday morning. Things that went wrong for me include- broken projector, dead sound system, broken strings, children bum rushing the stage, and one concerning a song which I need to explain.
I decided to do a particular song. It was about a cross. I pulled the music for the musicians. Come time to perform it I soon discover the group does not have the same music as I do. I wade through it aimlessly with sporadic mismatching accompaniment. Fortunately, attendance was small enough and I didn't get the boot. In fact I am surprised no one even realized but myself and the other musicians.
The following are some worship leader nightmares.
I entitle the first one "Open the Door, Worship is Falling."

I've had a few people suspect that the above was staged. The following was not staged. What do you think? It gives reason to have the drummer far, far, away.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!