On the road to glory: We’re Talkin’ About Playoffs!

Wow. This is the 2nd full episode this month! Once again you can find it on the Intramural Glory website. I blogged in February about the making of this episode here.
Also don't read further if you haven't seen the episode. There are spoilers here.
Click here for the latest episode, We're Talkin' About Playoffs.
By making a incredible comeback in the previous game, Team Unglaublich land themselves in the playoffs. However, a snowstorm attempts to block their progress and not even the Ledge can prevent that. Well, maybe if he had a weather machine. So the team is missing a few players, notably Owen, Boima, Old Guy, and Rob. Kyle makes a surprise visit but cannot be coaxed to play.
The Cougar attack saga is still being milked. To try to get to the bottom of things Shelby hires a detective. However, by some miraculous act, Cougar is ready to play. I don't think he contributes much during the game but he certainly gets lots of face time in this episode. So does this end the caper? I have my doubts.
It is rather peculiar that much of the footage from the game shows Team 'Glaub dominating. I think I saw like 4 three pointers. So how did they let it slip? Beats me. Perhaps the Ledge's selfish play backfired? Or maybe Cougar wasn't 100%? In the clutch Team Unglaublich failed to deliver the goods to the hole leaving Coach Mike more disappointed than ever. Shelby was very noticeably distraught. Now will things begin to really unravel or will the mysterious team owner come in and pump the team up.
I think this is one of the lowest points the team has encountered. Glory has slipped through their hands. It just can't end here.
And indeed it won't. I am assured there will be another episode.

Now for the awards.
Best Looking Player: Danny Myers. Did you see him at the end of the game? He looked tough and in control. All he needed was a Harley and we've got the workings for a summertime replacement spin-off series.

Worst Ledge Hair: This episode featured possibly my least liked Ledge cut. Ever since the locks were cut Ledge hasn't lit up my small little screen. Sure he says some witty remarks but the hair. The hair was what made Ledge, Ledge in my book. Still the Ledge writing his book was a funny line.

Newest Cougar Conspiracy Theory: I'm going to throw out another theory based loosely on this episode. Coach McCue did Cougar in. He doesn't like the personal circus that his team is becoming and decided to take the axe to the root and knock off Cougar.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very good Coach McCue conspiracy theory.
I can't believe you didn't mention your own performance, which is being lauded by critics as the "best cameo of the year".
Anonymous said…
Danny, still a whiner, not a clutch performer. I liked Ross's rant or plea, or whatever at the end with Danny in the background having none of it. Cougar is becoming more of a likable character as the series goes on, I am not sure what to think of him, because I hated him at first.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!