He never said a word

He made striped shirts fashionable. He can be credited with being world famous for saying absolutely nothing. He was the world's most recognizable mime artist.
France, myself, and the world are mourning the loss of master pantomime, Marcel Marceau. His adept use of movement and expression entertained and thrilled many. I can credit Marceau with influencing my elementary physical education coordinator to hold a lyceum on mime in 5th or 6th grade. I think I am one the only students that still utilizes those skills. My skills are hardly a fraction of Mr. Marceau's.
A few years ago while clawing through second hand books I found a program from one of Mr. Marceau's performances. I paged through it until I found out what he really looked like under the white face.
A friend of mine had been to a performance of Marceau. He recalled being amazed at his pantomime of an escalator.
How do you eulogize a mime? A moment of silence or lots and lots of noise? I think I should just paint my face white and go around town performing mime while wearing a picture of Marceau on my body.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go for it, Bill! I'll keep an eye out for you! :)

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!