On Mountain Dew

I have a few friends that are in a rather platonic relationship with the yellowish citrus beverage known as Mountain Dew. Some people are made of the stuff which leads them to make stuff like this, a "treasure trove of love letters" to Dew. I do not enjoy the beverage as much. However, its brother beverages Code Red and to a lesser degree the new Game Fuel have cohabitated with me and I liked it, thank you.
Some acquaintances have debated the origins of Mountain Dew. They claim the beverage was invented in Benson , MN. I being one to pry deeper into these things set out on a little research.
It was not very difficult. I discovered numerous websites listing the origins in Tennessee or Virginia. Check them out here, here, and here. These blow all kinds of holes through the Benson origin. I suspect the Benson Theory may have erroneous been attributed Genesis status because Mountain Dew was very localized beverage before Pepsi bought it in 1964. Pepsi's introduction of Mountain Dew nationwide probably got many citizens believing the new concoction was thought up at the local bottler's plant. In this case these folks lived near Benson, where there was a Pepsi bottler at one time. So that's the evidence I found. Find any refutations, post them in the comments.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!