This Gen- Part 1

I have been pondering as of late the weaknesses/problems/shortcomings/opportunities of my generation and hope to enumerate them.

Number 1 is loyalty. In continue to see loyalty failing to take hold in us. We flutter from job to job, experience to experience and never appear to give a solid commitment of more than a year or 2. We tend to be of this mindset-- if it doesn't work find something that does.

My generation will change jobs and even vocations more times than our parents. What created this occupational migration? I think a few things have contributed. First dissatisfaction has driven us to find those things which satisfy us more. I was taught in school you should do what you enjoy. Second, mobility and freedom. We are more single, marry later, and branch out more from the nest. Third, the world is changing faster in the information driven age.
Even among Christians I wonder who is committed to the church. Isn't being part of his people part of being "in Christ." Yet I see my generation detached from the church while claiming to be "in Christ." Church hopping has become a trend in the West. Churches are viewed as a commodity I chose carefully (good) but can fling off like a dirty garment if the experience begins to chaff at my skin.
Faithfulness, patience, and committment will be tests to this generation if they hope to fulfill all that God has for them to do.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!