Blog and self redux

The Royce Files got a bit of a makeover. I just changed templates. I should probably do some proofreading but I assume my readership is not hankering for improved grammar, spelling and stylistic choices. Perhaps I need to think of self-promotion of this thing.
In the aftermath the incident I called "Independence re-Emerged"-see previous entry- I felt I needed to re-evaluate, re-cover, and re-imagine too. I need a whole self redux but have no liberty to take that personal retreat, yet.
Rejection is never simple to deal with. Even near rejection is not a piece of cake. Why is that so? Well, I think a lot of it has to do with perception. From one incident our minds and our hearts perceive things that are not actually there. I may think I am cut off from the land of the living but really it is just a realization that my romantic intentions (no matter how noble) will not be realized.
Is there freedom from this syndrome?
I am not sure we can avoid the dreaded rejection. It is always around the corner from me. I think we can be shielded from its ill-effects: depression, self-hatred, anger. I think there is some room for sorrow but our self-worth needs to be secure elsewhere.
I could pontficate more but will digress.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!