Out on the prairie

I did get a chance to retreat to the Sheyenne Grasslands this Friday previous. It was not what I expected it to be, for good and bad.
First the bad. The bugs were very dense. Opening one's mouth caused one to get a mouth of squito. It was hard to be outside of the tent in the evening. Fortunately not one bug was found in the tent.
The most excellent part was a terrific camping site in a grove nearby to a water source. Plus, no cattle surrounding me in the morning. The moon gave some great light and there were trains in the night. One of my favorite sounds is a train passing in the night. My site happened to be situated by some tracks. However, the trains were fairly silent.
I had planned to do some writing and reading but did not get to do either. Also I had planned to brainstorm my latest movie idea but that got waylaid by the squito and fatigue. Instead I hiked.
One interesting thing happened as I was hiking to the site. Coyotes had surround me. They were cowards and refused to show their faces. They just howled incessantly as I passed.

Comments

Miry Lou said…
I hear eating "squito" is good for the bowels...
RoYcE4 said…
Tis true. So true.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!