Something to sit next to my emmy

While I spent the weekend in the Twin Towns and watched an incredible hockey game at the Xcel Energy Center (amongst other things), the film project which I worked on as part of Testudo Studio got a screening at the Forx Film Fest.
Testudo Studios filmed Mary Weatherby (MW) in late 2008 and early 2009 around the Go region. I was responsible for props and lended a hand as a gaffer occasionally during the shoots. Film making is a slow process. But if you film well, editing goes quicker. This movie featured the guy who played Brad Billups in Fantasy 10 from the 2008 48 Hour Film Project and a rabbi. Sounds like a joke, right? Nope. It's one of those behind the scenes things you'd only learn from the Royce Files. The rabbi in fact was very impressive.
MW's premiere took place in June.
Not sure who was responsible for getting MW into the Forx Film Fest, but I'd say it was an ex op even though it is hardly a blip on the map the way film festivals go. I can't find much about it online except some 3rd source created wiki without an entry for 2009. So I cannot prove that MW won best feature or audience favorite. I actually don't know what it won but reliable sources say it won something.
Now I have something to put next to that regional emmy I share with a boatload of other folks for Intramural Glory. And that sheet of paper for audience favorite for Fantasy 10. Woohoo!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!