Nearly infamous

Seems the ol' SoWashCo Bulletin has caught up with my former collaborator, Kevin Myers, and did a short article. Of note in the article is mention of the infamous The Kevin Myers Show, a public access show of which I was a founding member. This public access show literally became a franchise of sorts since it played in some form for almost 10 years somewhere in public access land. Most the evidence has since disappeared or is disappearing. However, with the advent of YouTube type platforms I may see the re-emergence of these shows.
Myers has stated on numerous occasions that those were the days of public access trash. It was a lo-fi mid-tech piece meal production which was mediocre at its best. Looking back, however, creates a new level hilarity we never intended. I mean an impersonation of someone impersonating someone else is a bit high brow. One fellow we had on the show did George Bush and Saddam Hussein in the same sketch. He literally ripped it from the previous week's Saturday Night Live which we did a bit of. Now I could care less as SNL is in the doldrums right now and makes our show seem like were on steroids.
I'll end with this- nothing is forever and glory fades at dawning of the day. We had a great time making it. I think that everyone who watched it went out and made their own shows and so there's our legacy (borrowing a bit from Brian Eno).

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!