The Beer of Phil



In my mind Budweiser is not the king of beer. Instead I bestow that title to Phil. Whenever I drink a fine ale or pilsner or lager or stout, I think of Phil looking down and smiling upon my and giving me beer drinking pleasure. Now Phil is by no means a drunk. As far as I know he is regularly sober.

A few weeks ago I decided to make an offering to the "king of beer." I purchased some fried chicken and fixings and laid them before Phil. He offered me beer. Good beer. I think it was a brown ale of sorts but it was good, very good. I wonder if someday someone somewhere will brew a beer and place Phil's likeness on the bottle. Call it something like "Lucious Phil's Delight."

Speaking of naming beers, my other beer drinking aquaintance, James, made beer once and he spilled some of the wort on his foot and got 2nd degree burns. He ended up calling the brew Hot Foot Brew.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!