Crushes on album covers

There are so many pretty faces on album covers. There doesn't come a time when I amble through the Cheapo Records shop and see someone who attracts me on an album cover. Being a musician myself draws me into these cold distant date an album crushes.
Its mostly new folk or roots rock bins although I've encountered quite a few in the bargain bin.
Unfortunately for them, I usually do not buy the album. I give it that short look and then come to conclusion that their politics and spirituality don't match mine. A bad mix. You may be charming and attractive but if I don't find that on the inside as well- you' re out. So album cover crushes are 1 dimensional.
The other day while perusing a thrift shop on the head side of the red, I saw an old album cover.
She was mysterious and smokes cigarilloes and wears berets. I took a second look stopped because she reminded me of a certain missionary aquaintance. I made a mental note of her name (both of them).

So today I discovered Rickie Lee Jones for the first time. I have nothing new to add to the plethora of information about her. In fact I have not even heard any of her music which seems to be described as a mix of Jazz Pop al la Joni Mitchell via Billie Holliday meets Nico. Nevertheless I do like the beret. Well, here claim to fame outside of her musical influence for 30 years is her attachment to Tom Waits for a year back in 1979. Ah, Tom you sly dog!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!