Ten years of Studly Party Tonight

It is difficult to determine the impact of this group, of which I was a founding member, had on the music scene. What the Studly Party did achieve is....
nothing.
Perhaps our name is the only achievement. I am was not fondly attached to it but it certainly makes for interesting conversations with other musicians. “Yah, I was in Studly Party Tonight. We rocked out.” Perhaps this could have been the alternate storyline in House of Rock- or maybe it could be the sequel.
We got together a few hours before Battle of the Bands then went on before a crowd of 50 or so. We played 1 song that is still in my repertoire- Canada Dry. It is probably the only song I have ever heard that speaks about a drought that affects the whole of Canada.

I can’t believe my eyes I saw Canada dry.

Here’s to you Studly Party Tonight: Keith, Pat, Ryan.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!