Alterno-nerd: Keith Pille

Remembering those of the Studly Party Night fame, I set out to do some Internet investigating on them. However, Keith Pille has only made a name for himself as an alternative mag writer, online webzine editor, and rocker.
Unfortunately there are not photos of Keith on the web (probably of his doing). I did find one but it was so small I could not tell if it was really him.
Here’s a bit of a back story on Keith. He is originally from Blair, Nebraska and came to UMM where he pursued a course of study in physics. I believe he was well funded for that coursework. Then somewhere around his 3rd year he decided to become an English major. Somewhere along the way he began his writing persona “I am not a crank.” (there is a sample at that link) This in turn became a weekly column in the Register. Nearing the end of his college studies he formed the band Red Hay and borrowed my R.E.M. book.
His American Nerd webzine seems full of mirth and chiding but of course plenty of cranks. I wonder if he’ll ever publish his memoirs.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!