MOA was exceptionally crowded yet I went there twice. It is like old digs for me when I lived in Eagan. That weekend some movie stars were there. No one I knew so I slinked through the crowds. I find that crossing through the amusement park formerly known as Camp Snoopy (Camp Shoot Me to all you gang folks) avoids a lot of useless walking if I need to only go 1 place.


Speaking of that amusement park, I am surprised they dropped the Peanuts motif for the blandness of The Park. No mascots. No recognizable symbols. To me this is a disaster of marketing. As I heard it was also a monetary decision as well. So now Minnesotans will have to be content with the occasional Peanuts character statue. My guess is that the MOA probably has been in negotiations with mascots to replace good ol’ Charlie Brown and friends.
Here’s my list of favorites:

  1. Spam- Pork shoulder gets its revenge. Perhaps the Spam jamboree could be held the MOA and monogrammed sporks can be sold.
  2. Homestar Runner- Who wouldn’t want to buy a cold one from Bubs? This crew needs a bigger non-net presence to ensure survival in the next web bust.
  3. The Muppets- Since Disney got a piece of Henson, why not let them have a piece of the MOA too. The Muppets are in desperate need of marketing. They could apply motifs from the first 3 Muppet movies then Disney could actually better utilize this franchise.
  4. Paul Bunyan and friends- Paul and Babe’s amusement park was removed from its Brainerd, MN home a few years ago to build Kohl’s. Now I think the big guy resides on an antique farm park. That’s not the kind of retirement for a swell guy who knew everyone’s name. He needs to be by the Mighty Axe.
  5. Yogi Bear- The rustic camp theme can still be salvaged by going with Yogi. Plus Hanna Barbara needs to make money off something other than selling the rights to make live action versions of their cartoons. Leave that business to the family Kroft.

Comments

This was for the first time i was visiting this web page and believe me it was an outstanding experience !! i like your post !! it is interesting to read !!

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!