Relax. It is only a holiday

At last the stress is nearly over. With the radio drama done and completed I have more time to rest- or at least think about it. I have not made it to bed before midnight all week. I needed to do my Christmas shopping. I completed most of it in one evening. I am glad. I am the type of shopper for gifts who needs to sense if it the right gift to purchase. If I get a bad feeling about it I walk away and look for something different.
Speaking of the holiday season, one of my favorite things of this time of year is the music, especially the carols. UnfortunatelyI have not had the opportunity to carol this year. I wish it was more of a tradition in my family. It never was but both my mother and I enjoyed the music. This past week I have had the opportunity to listen to most of my Christmas music. A majority of it is of choral tradition which I am found. I could imagine visiting England at Christmastide and hearing the choirs sing the ancient songs in great big cathedral-like edifices. Then afterward I would open a cracker and find some wassail. The British Christmas traditions resonate within in me. In these states the traditions get mixed and mingled until they resemble a new species of Christmas.
In researching old Christmas legends for the radio drama, I discovered a wealth of inspiring Christmas literature at project guttenberg. I was particularly fond of a tale about a forest that blooms and becomes springlike on Christmas eve. The story of St. Christopher was also intriguing. Do a little Christmas reading this year.
Until next time.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!