In good company

My mother passed away a year ago yesterday (June 6) after holding on for about five years with cancer. She had a tenacity to live and indeed even outlived some of her doctors strangely.
In course of the year I have noted quite a few exceptional people have gone on to eternity. Buddy Ebsen, Johnny Cash, Art Carney, Katherine Hepburn, and Bob Hope to name a few. It was quite inspiring to see that the in the last day Ronald Reagan made the step into the great beyond. Although during the Reagan era my family was staunchly Democratic, I have only come to appreciate what he did recently. Back in those days he was known in my family as "old prune face." He was the only President to who I ever wrote a letter.
Someone was quoted in a radio interview I heard saying "What a life!" I wholeheartedly agreed. From Illinois athlete to broadcaster to actor to California Governor to President of the United States - he lived an enormous life. So now maybe history will give him the credit he is do if it has not already.
"Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!