"I am the Mighty Popo"

About a week ago I was en route to Quetico Provincial Park with my canoeing companions. We had been on the road for some time. Upon entering Canada I decided to turn on the radio. There was a scant number of stations but CBC1 attracted our attention. It was a intriguing show entitled "African Guitar Summit." It featured a menagerie of Canadian-African guitarists, including a guy who calls himself The Mighty Popo of Burundi. Well we could not resist a name like "Mighty Popo," especially when the annoucer made it sound so low key. Kris broke out laughing. Scott wanted the station changed. Matt was mildly amused but was speechless.
With a pseudo-African accent Kris announced "I am the Mighty Popo."
Then I answered back with another thick African accent "No, I am the Mighty Popo - I killed a tiger with my bare hands." Hilarity ensued as we fashioned this Mighty Popo character with other Herculean feats.
Throughout the trip the catch phrase "I am the Mighty Popo" would be repeated. Scott yelled it one evening and it must have echoed a half dozen times. Pretty cool. Even Neil got in on it although he did not seem amused when we were using the phrase earlier.
So if you do any super-human feat remember to proclaim aloud "I am the Mighty Popo"

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!