Passover Eve

Celebrated Passover Eve yesterday and used my new condensed haggadah for the seder. I think I'll call it the cliff notes haggadah.
Today at sundown actually marked the beginning of the official observance of Passover. I've celebrated Passover in some form for the last 3 years. My roommates currently are in Israel celebrating this festive celebration of rememberance and freedom.
The guests' responses were postive. I think some were taken by surprise by the bitter herb. Horseradish can really kick you in the butt. However, haroset was incredible. Makes up for the bitter herb . I cannot believe I made it.
In the condensed version we only drank the first cup of wine and participants were asked to try all the seder foods. We only did a short retelling by reading Psalm 107- which was not exactly a retelling. We then had a incredible meal of roast lamb. Lamb is not necessarily the traditional food but it was symbolic of the first Passover. I omitted the removing chametz because of time contraints and well I am a Gentile and so were the rest of the group. I know we had rice which is a chametz.
Thank the Lord we are not under strict dietary law.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!