Write me a postcard tomorrow...

Today marked my move into the postcard business. After days on the web press I move up a floor and get to look at pleasant 3x5 pictures for over 9 hours a day starting at the crack of dawn. I admit I don't really enjoy the hours (6am to who knows), but it sure is unique.
I cannot believe the amount of postcards that get printed in Fargo. There were cards for places in Montana, North Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, Ohio and California. My favorite card of the day was one of a train. I think it was for someplace in Montana. It has a single shot of a refurbished Chicago Milwaukee St.Paul and Pacific E 70 Locomotive. The story behind the train is it was originally built to be used on the Trans-Siberian Railroad but then Ruso-American relations broke down and so the Milwaukee bought a whole dozen of these engines for a bargain. They are nick named little Joe in honor of Joseph Stalin, that crazy leader. This engine had a really good back story on how it was saved.
I took some of the throw aways home for my personal collection.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!