Like dominoes, they fall

Today I will take a jab at love.
Being happily and advantageously single I find it irking that some would enter this "love circle." Beaming with stars in their eyes, they soak in this emotional high. What really gets my goat is that then they abandon all else and simply dote on this one love. Hey they even get engaged to make it legit. Oh my how passions doth burn!
I am of the kind that says love's passion doth burn but thou shalt have self control. Love is romantic and emotional. No questioning that. It is a powerful realmn. But love is not merely those things. Emotions come and go. Committment, faithfulness, sacrifice- now this is the hard part of love but perhaps its deepest expression.
I may be sounding like a crank- yes I am sounding as one. So here is my gripe- let's realize we are in love, recognize romance, but pursue the utmost for his honor above all. Just because one has waited three, five, or ten years for the one does not give license to let our emotions rule this time. Be smart! Do not compromise!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!