Par Ki Revisited


I took an extended weekend in the TCs for some meetings and leisure. Plenty of blog material will more than likely come from the trip but the most important is revisting Par Ki.
Nearly 10 years have eclipsed since I stepped foot in the building I spent 4 years traversing the halls. My return was precipatated by the school musical, "Grease." It wasn't because I couldn't miss another performance of this musical, because I have seen it at least 4 times. In fact I was in a condensed version of the show in my 4-H days. [Trivia: The lighting and sound designer for this version of "Grease" played leading man Danny Zuko in the 4-H version I performed. More on him later.]
No, I went because by some means my father obtained free tickets for being part of the classic car show that occured between performance on Saturday. I couldn't pass it up, especially since nobody would recognize me either.
Since my days the school added a larger gynasium next to the previous one. However the theater still remains small without air conditioning. The Indian (Native American) floor design also remains- a remnant of the pre Wolfpack days. In the same hallway, trophies abound [in particular for adaptive soccer]. High up on the walls are portraits of All-State athletes from the past and present. I found many I knew. Yet, I could not locate Scott Swanson- a stand out in soccer and hockey at Park.
Further down at the end of the hallway in the new gym area is the Hall of Fame. I knew most of the dozen inductees- most notable Shannon "The All-American Girl" Scibilia [I think she added another name but I'll always remember her as she was- All American with a 'fro.]
My era is nearly forgotten. Even the Sam Jacobson [did I mention he sells real estate now?] era is a bit dusty in these halls.
The only reminder of my time here is in a trophy case which lists the previous One-Act competitions plays- I was involved in some way with 4. I guess we were pioneers in the One-Act competition because the later years included some region championships. A year after I graduated, my cousin happened to be in the first One-Act to win the region and make it to state.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!