Fargo Marathon 2007: I Finished


1:57:11- that's the official time it took me to complete 13.1 miles. It's modest. About 750 people finished ahead of me. Another 1300 or more arrived afterward. I really enjoyed this race. Except for the clogged first 3 miles, I had a rather free flowing stride and smile. Up on the final 3 miles I kept up the pace and pressed on.
One should not over estimate his abilities and so I started the race near the 4:30 marathon pace team. I passed them and moved ahead and passed the 4:oo hour pace team too. I passed quite a few and so psychologically I felt good. Also I felt strong and I felt I prepared well.
Unfortunately, it was overcrowded in the finishers area and I hardly got any goodies afterward. That was probably the worst part of the event. I couldn't find the showers and so left the finish area (and food) to change into my volunteering attire.
Nevertheless, this was a grand event. I am surprised at how many people come to this town for it. Fargo is no tourist destination like Duluth. There is not the culture like Minneapolis or Chicago. And the weather is spotty at best. There was a chance of a thunder storms. The calling card of this event is probably a good course (no hills here) and a friendly welcome.
Great job, Fargo Marathon!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!