And the Pharisees want to kill him all the more

I do realize it is a bit early to be mentioning Christmas. However, the other day I stopped at the grocery store and there in front of the store stood a Salvation Army kettle with bellringer. Christmastide is severving into November for the sake of charitible giving shortfalls. Shame on us.
In my research for Christmas related legends I found an urban legend about a crucified Santa Clause display. It appears that this one gets its fuel from how Japanese interpret or re-interpret Western holiday traditions. There is a bit of irony to this one as often Santa has supplanted Christ as key figuire of Christmas. Perhaps it was the work of political satirists.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!