O Hastings, O Hastings

This past week my picturesque and quaint hometown of Hastings had been mared by a tragic murder. This is not the way I want Hastings to be known. Horrible. Yes very horrible. A Shakespearan tragedy could do itself well based on the facts of the crime. A son kills his parents to get at the inheritance. There are hints that it was motivatived by some arguments too.
What went wrong? All but one of the accused had been model students. My only guess is they had tasted religion but had not accepted the implications- the spirit lead life. Our only hope now is that through these circumstances and probably grave consquences these young men will find hope that rests on nothing less than the Cross.
This is not the only crime to have brought attention to Hastings. There have been others in the 20 or so years I recall- an accidental shooting brother, a bizarre electrocutuion, an underage drinker dying in the cold. So Hastings is not so spotless. I'm sure I could dig a few more up but I won't. I'll just hope the smalltown surrounded by suburbia returns to better days.
Here's a more detailed account

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!