Overwhelmed- a discourse on moving

I made a move this weekend. It was large. It was mighty. It was rainy and cold.
After a hiatus of 4 years, I return to house living. My years in apartments and basements were good but cramped. My lifestyle has changed a bit since then.
The house reminds me of my St. Paul residence of the mid-seventies. It is in a better part of town. In fact it is in the part of town I like the most. Stately old homes surround it. There are even a few mansion like dwellings a few blocks away. Getting move was not so easy.
Moving overwhelms me mostly because of the stuff that needs to be packed and then unpacked again. I overload my mind with possible scenarios. My new room is literally uninhabitable because the is no room amongst the boxes and miscellaneous items scattered throughout.
Then there's the belongings you do not remember owning.
"Where should this go?"
"Why do I even own this?!"
Once I get things in order I hope to simplify. However, I may simplify in order to live in the room at the top of the stairs.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!