Keen on Keane - a tribute to the Bhoys

Can't believe it's October already and I am behind. I think it is mostly because I am focusing on my job and trying to get enough sleep. My internetting has been limited.
It's been a while since I talked football (soccer to yah yanks).
Internationals this week. Qualifications for the World Cup. My team of choice is the Republic of Ireland. They held France to a stalemate in Paris on the weekend. They play the minnows Faroe Islands later this week.
The Republic are a respectable team that is on the move and perhaps could challenge for the World Cup in 2006. They have steadily improved under Brian Kerr despite missing out on last summer's European Cup. Then all of a sudden, Roy Keane decides to return to the Irish ranks after retiring from international football 2 years ago. Keane is one tough and tenacious footballer. His decision to retire from Ireland precipitated from the tension between him and former Ireland manager Mick McCarthy before the last World Cup. Keane's comments after the break-up were extremely negative toward the Irish football set-up.
Well, Keane has had time to re-evaluate.
I like this guy. He may seem somewhat of an ass but he has a commanding presence on the field and for 33 he's still putting in great games. Who knows maybe the Irish will progressive further in the World Cup with Roy Keane to motivate and nag them.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!