The Angry Minnesotans

Is there a reason for anger?
Well gas prices certainly come to mind. Why a gallon costs $1.94 just up the street from me. Highway robbery I say! I should write a song concerning it.
Better yet, resurrect my old band The Angry Minnesotans and have loud protest concerts outside of gas stations.
I have been pondering getting the band back together this week. Although it might not be the same AMs as from the Morris years.
We were a monolith in Morris band culture. Not noteworthy but we appeared on the radar as a resurrection was occuring in the music scene in Morris (the population 5,000 town in west central MN). We were one of the first in a long line of groups that took the stage at Karl's Coffee - Morris' original coffee shop. Note: Although now defunct, Ardelle's Cafe could claim to be the first coffee klatch zone in town- but I'm not a townie on this info.
So where were we- bands in Morris. Now a group called Children 18:3 seem to be catapulting themselves from Morris to the medium big time. They even appeared in Newsweek recently, although quite by accident I am told. I have a strange connection with the band although they are punk rockish.

Comments

RoYcE4 said…
Revisiting this post in November 2021.
Wow, how we would love the days of 1.94 gas again. Actually it was not that long ago that gas got down that far. Maybe last year.
Today it is hovering above 3 bucks.
I think the anger might be that it jumped to 1.94 from somewhere around 1.50 if I recall. Pretty big jump.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!