A Night on the Couch

Note: This is a short piece about what I did on New Years Eve. I was at a huge party in Alexandria.

A well known piece of furniture saves lives?

Not exactly, but the humble couch should sit among the likes of Dwight Moody, Billy Sunday, Luis Palau, and Billy Graham as an effective means of presenting the Gospel-saving lives from eternity in the depths of Hell.

"I am saving a spot on the couch for you!" I chirped to a passing youth. "Plenty of room, doesn't cost a dime. Nothing to lose and all to gain."

Some ignored my pleas and banter but quite a few took their chances and sat on the couch to hear an amazing message from my partners Tim and Jaime. I kept the couch full most of the night, drawing in the passing
young people. People of all types and hair colors and piercings sat on thecouch.

From 8 PM until nearly 6 AM I hung to my post at the couch- taking only a few breaks. This was important business. Surprisingly, I did not tire or grow weary. I believe that was a result of prayer. In the later hours I
had opportunity to sit on the couch and counsel some young people using the amazing two question test tract.

I had a long conversation with a girl from Willmar. I encouraged her to seek out God's purpose for her life and prayed with her. I later met with her boyfriend and meticulously explained two question test tract to him.
He seemed a bit resistance but to my delight decided to rededicate his life to Jesus and begin living for Him. It was a tense time.

I met many interesting teenagers and enjoyed chatting with them- even those who did not sit on the couch.

Thanks to God and a couch, I had a fantastic time.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!