National Model Railroad Month of 2017

It being National Model Railroad Month, I am going to post some images of my O gauge 3 rail layout.
This layout  has been around for 4 years. It has been in this particular format for about 3 years. Previously I just ran trains on floor. 
I am modeling a fictional area along the Great Northern Railway in northern Minnesota. A mix of vintage and new equipment make up my collection from many companies. Structures are mostly from Lionel and Bachmann Plasticville. I have a few Post-War Lionel pieces thanks to my father and good finds at shows. I am an operator so I do not buy to keep items on the shelf or in boxes.
I have not found time to scenic the layout- but that is mostly because I do not think I have the skills. Plus, I have not come up with a track layout I like. Right now it is just track around the table.
See how many items you can recognize in the photos.


Small station and saw mill

Town area with larger station and yard.

Another angle of the small station and saw mill
Model railroading is not difficult to get involved. All you need is some imagination. You can add the trains later. It helps considerably if you have some friends and maybe a club nearby. There are numerous resources online from website to message boards that provide a wealth of information. There are also a few model railroading magazines you can find at local libraries. In particular I enjoy Classic Toy Trains as it has superb photos of 3-rail layouts and practical information concerning toy train maintenance and all aspects of layout creation.  

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!