Lionel Stuff: Lumber Shed Revisited

I acquired an assembled version of the Lionel lumber shed structure last year and blogged about it here. It is still ridiculous how much these are going for on the market. Do not get me wrong, it is a good model, but shelling out $20 - $30 dollars for one is extravagant. It just does not have much collectible value. Since it gets attached to the Lionel name some sellers assume it is something akin to precious metal. So it is ideal to find these outside the typical Lionel searches. I would think that if the Lionel name were not attached this would be just another mass produced plastic structure.

While at the October Fargo Toy and Train show I found the lumber shed in a modified form.


I am not entirely sure what scale the alteration was intended- I am guessing N since most of the other items around it were for N.


It certainly is a bit of a scale stretch to plausibly utilize the structure in the smaller scales. The work bench and the storage bin would have to be removed to give the structure more plausibility. And I am assuming the O scale figure is there like a kind of muffler man roadside advertisement.
The shed had no price and I do not haggle. Still, $5 or $10 and you could bring it back to O scale pretty easily. 

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!