Classic Fisher Price: Chatter Telephone

Fisher Price was the toy brand name I recall the most from my childhood- along with Kenner and Mattel.
They did not produce much licensed products- although I think they did produce some items with Sesame Street characters. Basically they were the the go to manufacturer for fun and durable toys that spanned generations of children. They are still around today but I believe they are produced by Mattel. Timeline about them here. Sadly the timeline misses my favorite line of Fisher Price toys- Adventure People. I will write about that in another entry.
By the time I came around Fisher Price had been around for about 45 years and was playing with the still usable hand me down toys from the 1950s and 1960s.
Today's entry for the blog is the Chatter Telephone. This guy has plenty of play value for make believe  and action. The rotary dial makes ringing sound when turned and a sort of mumbling sound when the toy is pulled.
Fisher Price released it in 1963. It is still being produced nearly unchanged.

Chatter Phone by Fisher Price
 

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!